Green Lotus is a French Think and Do Tank dedicated to promote sustainable development in Asia.
Since 2003, Green Lotus works in convincing politics, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and enterprises that green economy can provide prosperity for all, instead of growth for few.
After 10 years of advocating and networking amongst Asian civil society organizations, Green Lotus opened its first office abroad in July 2013, in Yangon (Myanmar).
After a long period (more than five years) of field analysis, Green Lotus strongly believes that there is room for experiencing in Myanmar a genuine green way, and avoid neighbours’ mistakes.
As Myanmar is facing many challenges, Green Lotus is now convinced that both laws and investments can be oriented towards sustainable options.
Making Myanmar the Greenest country in the world, such is our motto!
Green Lotus is looking for an intern (Local) to assist and provide support in political advocacy and convincing in Myanmar.
Position : Internship
Number of posts; 2
Deadline for Application : until the position has filled
Commitment Period : 3 Months
Location : Yangon, Myanmar
Qualification and Skills:
- Fresh Graduates from a major university preferably (who specialized) in Public Administration, Media and Journalism, Communication, Economic, contemporary Myanmar studies, International Relations and Political Science. Master degree students who is doing thesis are mostly welcome to apply this position
- Good writing and speaking skills in English and in Myanmar as well as good communication skills with proactive manner
- Organizational skills with detailed oriented is a must
- Some working experiences will be helpful but not must, looking for a candidate with right attitude.
- Adaptation skills, positive attitudes towards cultural differences and must be a resourceful person
- Good analytical and research skill is needed
- Ability to work autonomously with High motivation
- Computer knowledge related to work
- Persons who can work independently
Intern will have to
- Travels inside the country will be needed to assist meetings, press-conferences, and other events of Green Lotus together with other team members
- Assist in researches and regular reports as well as minutes of the meeting for executives
- Assist and facilitate the events organized by Green Lotus
- Intern will have to assist the administrative support for the smooth running of the Office and program activities.
- Provide assistance to other staffs such as printing, photocopying, fax transmission and filing the necessary documents as requested.
- Maintain and updates manuals, files, simple office records and office directory.
- Process payment of invoices / bills in timely manner ensuring all necessary paperwork
No salary compensation but reimbursements for travel charges and work related expenses. Green Lotus may consider the intern as permanent staff if the intern is qualified enough.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply by sending CV and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information: Mya Kay Thi Maung (09 428183909), May Thin Khine (09 799970939)
Posted by May 23rd 2019