Green Lotus is a French Think and Do Tank dedicated to promote sustainable development in Asia.
Since 2003, Green Lotus works in convincing politics, Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and enterprises that green economy can provide prosperity for all, instead of growth for few.
After 10 years of advocating and networking amongst Asian civil society organizations, Green Lotus opened its first office abroad in July 2013, in Yangon (Myanmar).
After a long period (more than five year) of field analysis, Green Lotus strongly believes that there is room for experiencing in Myanmar a genuine green way, and avoid neighbours’ mistakes.
As Myanmar is facing many challenges, Green Lotus is now convinced that both laws and investments can be oriented towards sustainable options.
Making Myanmar the Greenest country in the world, such is our motto!
Green Lotus is looking for an intern (Local) to assist and provide support in implementation of an urban settlement project in Yangon. The project is supported by AFD (French Aid). The project is a collaborative effort of three NGOs – ActionAid, Women for the World and Green Lotus. Green Lotus is the lead agency of the consortium.
Position : Paid Internship (Local)
Deadline for Application : 15 June, 2018
Commitment Period : 1 year
Location : Yangon, Myanmar
Qualification and Skills:
- Fresh Graduates from a major university preferably (who specialized) in Development Studies, Public Administration, Communication, Economic, International Relations and Political Science
- Good writing and speaking skills as well as good communication skills with proactive manner
- Organizational skills with detailed oriented is a must
- Some working experiences will be helpful but not must, looking for a candidate with right attitude.
- Adaptation skills, positive attitudes towards cultural differences and must be a resourceful person
- Good analytical is needed
- Understanding the office documentation and files
- Ability to work autonomously with High motivation
- Computer knowledge related to work
- Having team spirit and co-working with other team members
- Intern will have to organize the meetings with different stakeholders and taking detailed minutes for Communication Officer
- Travels inside the country will be needed to assist meetings, press-conferences, and other events of Green Lotus together with other team members
- Assist project coordinator, communication officer for regular reports
- Assist and facilitate the events organized by green lotus
- Intern will have to assist the Office administration under supervising of Office /Admin Manger by providing secretarial and administrative support for the smooth running of the Office and program activities.
- Provide assistance to other staffs such as printing, photocopying, fax transmission and filing the necessary documents as requested.
- Maintain and updates manuals, files, simple office records and office directory.
- Process payment of invoices / bills in timely manner ensuring all necessary paperwork
How to apply:
For more information: Daw Mya Kay Thi Maung (09428183909)